Darrins Site, site logo.

Underwater Objects

While most of us are familiar with the UFO phenomenon, far fewer people are aware of a phenomenon called USOs, or ‘unidentified submerged objects’. USOs are generally described as UFOs that enter bodies of water in a controlled manner with the intention of interacting with or navigating the underwater environment.

Perhaps due to the visual inaccessibility of our oceans compared with our skies, USOs are reported far less frequently than UFOs, but some of the reports that have been made are quite remarkable in both their detail and the credibility of the witnesses concerned. October 4th marks the 40th anniversary of one of the most extraordinary, yet compelling USO cases in history; the Shag Harbour Incident.

Just after 11:20pm on the night of Oct. 4, 1967, several residents of the small Nova Scotia fishing village of Shag Harbour, reported seeing four strange orange - yellow lights in the sky. Unbeknownst to the witness, the lights had been tracked by radar for several hundred miles as they traveled along the Canadian coastline before coming to a stop at Shag Harbour.

After hovering above the sea for a few moments, the lights reportedly entered the water at a 45 degree angle, floating on the surface for a short time before disappearing below the surface in a flurry of foam and bubbles.

The sighting was corroborated by eleven witnesses, including an Air Canada pilot and three Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers. One officer, Constable Ron Pound, reported that the four lights appeared to belong to one craft, which he estimated to be approximately 60 feet long.

As the craft went below the surface, it reportedly left an 80 foot wide, half mile long trail of strange smelling yellow foam in its wake. Although the coastguard search that immediately followed the incident found nothing save the yellow foam, the event clearly left both civilian and military authorities at a loss to explain what had transpired. The report from the rescue centre would only state that something of "origin unknown." had hit the water in Shag Harbour.

That was not the end of the Shag Harbour incident; in fact it was just the beginning. Although it wasn’t disclosed at the time, it is now known that a highly classified joint initiative between the Canadian and U.S. navy was tasked with assessing the threat and monitoring the craft with a view to recovering it. The navy ship HMCS Granby was immediately ordered to Shag Harbour, where her divers searched the bottom of the ocean for several days.

The Granby’s divers confirmed what Canadian intelligence already knew; that having entered the sea the craft had continued to travel underwater for about 25 miles until it reached a submarine detection base located at a place called Government Point where it came to a halt. The object had been quickly spotted by the station’s sonar, and naval vessels were positioned over it while both Canadian and U.S. authorities tried to understand what exactly they were dealing with. The fact that an unexplained submerged object was now observing a submarine base would not have been lost on the military. After a few days of observation, during which time the object remained motionless, the navy began planning a salvage operation. However, this was quickly put on hold when a second unidentified craft joined the first. Still unsure whether they were dealing with a new type of Soviet submarine or something of extraterrestrial origin, the Navy decided to carry on monitoring the situation.

This continued for several more days until events took another unexpected turn; a Soviet submarine entered Canadian waters and began to monitor events. At the height of the cold war, this created a tense stand off between East and West, particularly given the proximity to such a sensitive military installation. At this point, on October 11th, a week after the first craft had arrived, the pair of them made their move. Heading towards the Gulf of Maine, they easily outran the Navy vessels tasked with pursuing them, before breaking the surface and shooting off into the sky.
Russian USO's
In June of 1984, GORI was in the Mediterranean, twenty nautical miles from the Straight of Gibraltar. At 16:00, Globa was on duty. With him was Second-in-Command S. Bolotov. They were standing watch at the left bridge extension wing when both men observed a strange polychromatic object. When the object was astern, it stopped suddenly. S. Bolotov was agog, shaking his binoculars and shouting: "It is a flying saucer, a real saucer, my God, hurry, hurry, look!" Globa looked through his own binoculars and saw, at a distance over the stern, a flattened out looking object (it did remind him of an upside-down frying pan). The UFO was gleaming with a grayish metallic shine. The lower portion of the craft had a precise round shape, its diameter no more than twenty meters. Around the lower portion of it Globa also observed "waves" of protuberances on the outside plating. The base of the object's body consisted of two semi-discs, the smaller being on top; they slowly revolved in opposing directions. At the circumference of the lower disc Globa saw numerous shining, bright, bead-like lights.
The seaman's attention was centered on the bottom portion of the UFO. It looked as if it was completely even and smooth, its color that of a yolk, and in the middle of it Globa discerned a round, nucleus-like stain. At the edge of the UFO's bottom, which was easily visible, was something that looked like a pipe. It glowed with an unnaturally bright rosy color, like a neon lamp. The top of the middle disc was crowned by a triangular-shaped something. It seemed that it moved in the same direction as the lower disc, but at a much slower pace. Suddenly the UFO jumped up several times, as if moved by an invisible wave. Many lights illuminated its bottom portion. The crew of GORI tried to attract the object's attention using a signal projector. By that time Captain Sokolovky was on the desk with his men. He and his Second-in-Command were watching the object intensely.
However, the UFO's attention was distracted by another ship, approaching at the port side. It was an Arab dry cargo ship, on its way to Greece. The Arabs confirmed that the object hovered over their ship. A minute and a half later the object changed its flight's trajectory, listed to the right, gained speed and ascended rapidly. The Soviet seamen observed that when it rose through the clouds, appearing and disappearing again, it would occasional shine in the sun's rays. The craft then flared up, like a spark, and was gone instantly.


Powered by Create

MK -Ultra Mind Control

An article by Paul Warren with music that was sent to me and asked if I could put on my site. Click on link.